Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Splatter Painting


Although ours don't look anything like this is was still fun :)


All you need is: construction paper, paints, 1 container per color, something to stir it with, water and a space that can get messy (outside works great)

Have your child pick a color of construction paper

We used the rocks to weigh the paper down since we were outside

Have your child pick their paint color (we did 1 color a piece)

Put some paint in the bottom of your container...

Add water and stir....be sure the paint is very watery...your ideal is colored water :)


We were going to stand and wave our hands above the paper but we discovered hand prints :)


After a little painting with our hands we discovered our rocks can be painting tools too!


Here are our final projects :) We left the rocks on them and left them outside and let the stun dry them :)

Here are some more fun pictures

 

 





Simply dump out the paint containers, wash hands in soap and water and your all done :)

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I'm always looking for new things to do with my 2 year old. I'm always a little hesitant of paint though (the mess scares me)...bad mommy I know ;) This project seems easy and mess-free enough...I might just have to try it. And I already have all the supplies! By the way, thanks for stopping by my blog...following you back. Can't wait to get some more fun ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like they had a lot of fun. My daughter loves to paint with her hands and feet (who needs brushes?). Such an easy project - I'll have to remember this one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!!! We read and appreciate every one of them!!!